Time: 10 minutes
These noodles are a real family favourite in our house, my 6 year old loves the taste, my husband likes the fact that they’re delicious AND healthy and I love the fact that they only take me 10 minutes from start to finish!
They’re sticky, tasty and really filling and packed with great stuff that’s good for you!
- Noodles – I like the ‘ready to eat’ Udon noodles but you can use any you like
- Any veg you fancy*. I used:
- 1 carrot
- 3 spring onions
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 portobello mushroom (the big flat ones)
- a small handful of cashew nuts
- 1 tsp oil
For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- grated fresh ginger or 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 clove of garlic
* You can pretty much use any veg you fancy. I often use tinned sweetcorn (drained), fresh tomatoes, courgettes, peas, water chestnuts – whatever I’ve got in the fridge. It all tastes good when it’s mixed with the sauce!
Cut your veg up into small chunks and fry gently in the oil for 5 minutes.
Add the ginger and crushed garlic, stir around then leave for another minute.
Add the soy sauce, sugar, lime juice and peanut butter and stir around until the peanut butter ‘melts’ in the warmth of the pan.
Add your noodles and stir around until they’re warmed and coated in the sauce.
Sprinkle with cashews and spring onions and serve!